s the most complete open-source framework available (that I know of)! Big companies use it. It can do lots of stuff well, in an organized manner; this meaning, Rails is more than just MVC, it has a full stack of features well-integrated, at the same time being very modular. Some of the features included out of the box:
- Database adapter for the majority of them, supporting plug your own.
- Database migrations, so multiple dev can sync and experiment with their DB.
- Powerful engines for Views, Controllers and Models.
- Support to code generator.
- Has structure to all sorts of tests and friendly to TDD.
- Really awesome documentation.
- Model has all kinds of hooks, validations and associations.
- Controller has support to handle XML/JSON in the same action that serves HTML.
- Gems that integrate, for instance, Memcached, MongoDB, Auth and lots more.