Let’s take a quick look to install node.js on UBUNTU system.
1. Download node.js from http://nodejs.org/.
Then open terminal and go to download folder and extract node.tag file
2. tar xvf .node-v0.6.17.tag.gz
3. Now install libssl-dev
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev
4. Move to extracted node-v0.6.17 folder
5. then fire ./configure command from console.
Will do a lot of configuration setting for us.
6. Type make and post sudo install make
7. Make sure node and npm had got install (We not need to install npm seperatly, it’s build in node.js itself)
That’s it. Enjoy with node.js
Hopefully in next post will write Hello world program.