Jenkins is an adaptable open source software tool built with java language.It helps developers to build and test their software development continuously. Basically CICD is the best practice of running project tests on a non-developer machine automatically everytime when ever they pushed new code into the source repository.
With Jenkins, organization can speed up the software development workflow through automation. Jenkins deals and holds development growth processes of all kinds, including building , documenting , testing, packaging, staging, deployment, static analysis and many more……
Jenkins provide itself as a platform where installation, development , deployment and production occurs simultaneously on a large scale machines.
Jenkins constitute some great features in it like:
- Easy installation: Just run java -jar jenkins.war, deploy it in a servlet container. No additional install, no database. Prefer an installer or native package? We have those as well.
- Easy configuration: Jenkins can be configured entirely from its friendly web GUI with extensive on-the-fly error checks and inline help.
- Rich plugin ecosystem: Jenkins integrates with virtually every SCM or build tool that exists. View plugins.
- Extensibility: Most parts of Jenkins can be extended and modified, and it’s easy to create new Jenkins plugins. This allows you to customize Jenkins to your needs.
- Distributed builds: Jenkins can distribute build/test loads to multiple computers with different operating systems. Building software for OS X, Linux, and Windows? No problem.